Mississippi State Treasurer David McRae announced on May 5 that an all-star group of judges from around the state has been chosen to evaluate the submissions and select a scholarship winner each week in May for the $529 “Tell Me Something Good” Scholarship from College Savings Mississippi.
The panel includes:
- First Lady of Mississippi Elee Reeves
- Katie Blount, Director of the Mississippi Department of Archives and History
- Kimberly Remak, Executive Director of Trinity Health Center, Inc.
- Tray Hairston, Partner at Butler Snow LLP
- Holly Lange, Executive Director of the Mississippi Book Festival
- Ron Matis, Mississippi United Pentecostal Church
- Jennifer Nicaud, Attorney at Copeland Cook Taylor & Bush
- Jim Prince III, President and CEO of Prince Media Group
- Clayton Stanley, President of the Alliance
In less than a week, 100 Mississippi students have been nominated for the scholarship.
“We understand these are hard times for families, and yet, we’ve seen young people rise from the crisis to do incredible things within their communities,” said McRae. “If you’ve seen this in your own community, please nominate a student today.”